Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pop Art

In this assignment, I created my own pop art. I had never realized how prevalent pop art is in our culture today. This was one of my favorite projects. I created one image in Photoshop and the other in Flash.
This was my first pop art piece that I created. In this assignment, learned how to use paths to create a a image in Photoshop. This was  my favorite image out  of the two, so I decided to color it. I was particularly happy with how the patterns on the jacket and the eyes. It was a challenge to do the details on the jacket because the original image was very dark. I used the stain glass effect to achieve the look I wanted for the jacket. The only thing I was unhappy with in this picture was the skin color. I originally intended to colorize the skin but I could not find a color that looked natural.

This was my second pop art piece. I used Adobe Flash to create this image. It was my first time using Flash and I was surprised by how easy it was. The only thing that was frustrating to me, though, was that the size of the brush would change when I zoomed in or out. This made it hard for me to keep the size consistent. I also struggled with the hair on this image, because it was so dark, but after some help from Mrs. Thompson, I was pretty happy with how it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment