Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spacescapes

The first assignment I completed in this class was the Spacescapes. In this assignment I learned how to use the circle shape tool and Seurat brush to create planets. I used the fairydust brush to create stars and the glow brush to create a nebula. I learned about how to use size and positioning to create depth which was a new concept for me. I also learned how to use the burn and dodge tool to create lighting and shade the picture.

In this picture, I used my own face to create a planet. I was extremely happy with how I did the lighting in this picture. I thought the lens flare and the lighting on the rings worked very well together.

On this assignment, I learned how to create that followed a path.


This was a project I did for fun using what I learned on the previous spacescapes. I took the faces of babies and turned them into planets. I made two variations of this picture, one with text rings and the other with different colors and ring styles.


This was my favorite spacescape that I made. I thought It looked the most natural and was the compelling of all the spacescapes. I learned how to use the turbulence tool to create the gaseous flames coming off of the planets. I was particularly happy with the nebula I created in this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment